Use this Welder Fabricator job description to attract great candidates or as a guide to writing an outstanding Welder Fabricator resume.
In this guide you will learn:
- How to Write a Welder Fabricator Job Description
- Duties and Responsibilities of a Welder Fabricator
- Requirements and Qualifications of a Welder Fabricator
- Education Requirements for a Welder Fabricator
The job of a Welder Fabricator is to weld and fabricate parts by specifications and per company standards. Each will have to know how to layout and execute the construction of metal scenery and framework for assigned shows based on Technical Director’s drawings and Scenic Designer renderings.
1. Welder Fabricator Job Description Summary
A person in this position will have completed their Probationary/Entry Period as a prerequisite to beginning this job. While working, you are under constant supervision. On the job you would lay out, fit, and weld fabricated components to assemble structural forms such as machinery frames, tanks, pressure vessels, structural steel, and sheet steel by performing the following duties.
2. Welder Fabricator Duties and Responsibilities
- Has the basic knowledge of blueprints.
- Utilizes all hand tools and grinders.
- Helps out senior Welder/Fabricators when they are asked to help.
- Set-up and use an oxygen/acetylene torch for cutting purposes.
- Develop layouts and plan operations
- Marks the appropriate and measured location of the piece need to be bent and cut
- Hammers, chips, and grinds workpiece to cut, bend, and straighten metal.
- Positions align, fits, preheats workpieces, and welds together parts.
- Verifies conformance of workpiece to specifications.
- Fabricates and assembles sheet metal products.
- Can securely position bolts, clamps, and tack-welds parts for welding.
- Repairs products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts.
- Distinguished varying thickness’ of metal materials.
- Knows how to rearrange components together.
3. Requirements and Qualifications
- Individuals must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in carpentry/metal-working.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Technical Theatre or equivalent professional experience.
- Must be able to operate a MIG welder safely.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs safely.
- Know industry-standard safe rigging practices.
- Knowledge of forces and load distribution.
- Positive attitude,
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively.
4. Education Requirements
To become a welder fabricator, you need a high school diploma or general education degree (GED), which is equivalent. Also, it’s necessary to have any experience, whether it was a long-term experience or short term. Also, you must learn how to use machinery and use the tools required for the job.