Use this Server Assistant job description to attract great candidates or as a guide to writing an outstanding Server Assistant resume.
In this guide you will learn:
- How to Write a Server Assistant Job Description
- Duties and Responsibilities of a Server Assistant
- Requirements and Qualifications of a Server Assistant
- Education Requirements for a Server Assistant
People who help host and server at restaurants are known as server assistants. They are essential members of the serving staff since help serve food to ensure prompt service to the customer. Also, they are responsible for preparing service stations, resetting tables, removing all trays from the dining room, clean, and close service stations. Server assistance help maintain a clean, prompt, and pleasant service for customers, also, to help their co-workers do a better job.
1. Server Assistant Job Description Summary
Server assistants job description is as the title states; they assist servers in any way they can. Servers have multiple tables at a time, so to help servers give a prompt and pleasant service to the customers. Ther server assistance job is to remove dirty plates, glassware, and silverware after the guests have finished using them.
Also, they help in rearranging table, as requested by customers, re-set the table by setting plates, glasses, and utensils. Also, they ensure that the table has everything the customers may use.
2. Server Assistant Duties and Responsibilities
- Welcome all guests as they enter the establishment
- Thank the guest for coming and invite them to return on their way out
- Can communicate with customers in a polite and respectful manner
- Seat guest accordingly and present them with the menu
- Arrange seats to the guest preference
- Help with arranging tables to ensure that servers have a clear path to serve
- Keep track of floor chart and update
- Cleaning of menus during the shift
- Observe tables, to see if they are clean, dirty, or occupied
- Ensure that all public areas are clean and meet all sanitary requirements and guidelines, that includes sweeping entrance, mopping, cleaning windows, and keeping everything nice and tidy
- Keep the Host Area stocked with takeaway items such as business cards, menus, toothpicks, mints, etc.
- Help servers with refilling drinks, running payments, and taking food to the customer
- Communicate with management if there are any problems
- Can work well under pressure
- Maintain a professional, respectful, and calm attitude in stressful moments
3. Requirements and Qualifications
- Must have interpersonal skills
- Communicate is essential to speak with individuals from different backgrounds
- Must be able to multi-task, and keep everything clean and organized
- Adaptable to any environment
- Present a professional image
- Appropriate age to serve alcohol
- Must be self-motivated
- Be aware of safety precautions and occupational hazards
- Willing to secure the safety of self and those around them
- Great with direction and communication, whether it is oral or written
4. Education Requirements
A server addition must at least obtain a high school diploma or something equivalent to it. You could get certified in food handling, giving you a better chance to get the job with the Food Handlers Certification. Just remember, you must also be the appropriate age, varies by state, to serve alcoholic beverages.