Use this Front of House Manager job description to attract great candidates or as a guide to writing an outstanding Front of House Manager resume.
In this guide you will learn:
- How to Write a Front of House Manager Job Description
- Duties and Responsibilities of a Front of House Manager
- Requirements and Qualifications of a Front of House Manager
- Education Requirements for a Front of House Manager
The Front of House Manager is in charge of day-to-day operations and management of a restaurant. Also, they help cater events, and they supervise all the front of house staff. They are responsible for reporting to the Food and Beverage Manager.
1. Front of House Manager Job Description Summary
As a front of the house manager, your job is to ensure and assist that customers get the best customer service from the staff. Being in the front of house manager position, you have to ensure that customers get a warm welcome, clean and safe atmosphere, and pleasant service during their visit, This job involves working in different types of environments, such as outdoor events and indoor concerts. Since the front of the house is in charge of a team, they are required to recruit their team and perform administrative tasks.
2. Front of House Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Capable of managing a team
- Experience with creating schedules, training, and doing general supervision of staff
- Ensure that all cleaning and maintenance duties are done
- Making sure that open and closing duties are done correctly
- Can handle making deposits, while using the POS program
- Responsible for handling money
- Can manage all the inventory of the business
- Provide great customer service
- Able to successfully lead the staff
- Manage all health, sanitary, and safety guidelines in all areas
- Aid in catering events
- Be prepared to handle demanding customers and their complaints in a respectful and professional manner
- Be able to work with other staff effectively
- Be able to communicate and give effective directions
- Report to the managers
3. Requirements and Qualifications
- Must have at least 2+ years restaurant experience
- Obtain or obtaining a Bachelor’s degree
- Have excellent skills such as customer service, interpersonal skills, communicative, and more
- Should be able to keep work organized
- Can multi-tasking and be aware of the details of task and surroundings
- Knowledge how to use Microsoft applications such as Word and Excel
- Have great personal hygiene
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance
- Physically able to stand for many hours
- Experience with POS systems preferred
- Must pass a background check
- Must pass the random drug tests at any given time
4. Education Requirements
Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts dree is required, with an effect on Hotel Management, Restaurant Management, or Hospitality. Experience is always necessary, so the more experience you have, the more you have to offer the business. Some high-value venues require you have at least five years of experience. Knowing in culinary, working in restaurant, banquets, is also preferable in this job environment.
Having knowledge and computer skills is also essential to this job position. The perfect candidate for the job should know how to use spreadsheets and Word.