Use this Church Custodian job description to attract great candidates or as a guide to writing an outstanding Church Custodian resume.
In this guide you will learn:
- How to Write a Church Custodian Job Description
- Duties and Responsibilities of a Church Custodian
- Requirements and Qualifications of a Church Custodian
- Education Requirements for a Church Custodian
First impressions are everything, even if you are not talking about a person but a location, appearance is everything. When you walk into any church, the place is clean, organized, and very well maintained, and that is all thanks to the church custodians. They have a lot of duties and responsibilities to give the church a natural and impeccable look.
1. Church Custodian Job Description Summary
The church custodian handles several janitorial duties and responsibilities. They are in charge of basic maintenance for a church, such as sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, dusting, and just keeping every nice a tidy. Church custodians also repair simple equipment in all public areas and are responsible for reporting anything that is not safe or that they are not qualified to fix. These hardworking people are also known as parish custodians or church janitors.
2. Church Custodian Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that the church facilities are clean, in all the public building, which include areas such as the restrooms, sanctuary, any classrooms, and kitchen area
- Be able to work with other staff making sure that all areas are cleaned and fully supplied as needed
- Have basic knowledge on how to safely handle any cleaning chemicals and fluids, and following safety guideline using gloves, masks, goggles, and any other safety equipment needed
- Know how to perform simple maintenance duties, such as making repairs, restocking restrooms, and changing light bulbs
- Assisting with event preparations and clean up.
- Are you willing to help prepare for events and stay late for clean up
- Know how to take inventory of supplies for cleaning and items needed to be replenished
- Be able to interact with different personnel, whether they are visitors or church staff in a respectful and professional manner
3. Requirements and Qualifications
- Appropriate working age
- High school diploma or something equivalent
- Experience preferred
- Have a great time management
- Excellent at problem-solving
- Physically capable of pushing, pulling, and lifting more than 40 pounds
- Able to follow instructions and cleaning safety guidelines for you and those around you
- Can communicate effectively and work with a team
- Great communication skills
- Must have great and positive other and are willing to help others when needed to
- You must be respectful and courteous at all times
- Initiative to complete all duties with some to no supervision
- Flexible working schedule
- Committed to what the mission and goals of the church are
- Responsible and honest in the work they do
4. Education Requirements
There is no formal education needed, apart from being the age required, and at least a high school education. One of the most important things to know is basic knowledge on how to work with chemicals and cleaning liquids. Other than that, there is no real training other than instructions on what is to be done.